Nowadays, our diet is low green leafy vegetables. Lack ifChlorophylls intake, which can be found abundant in vegetables, may lead to toxic accumulation from our daily activity and life style. Staying and working in the hustle-bustle of the city surrounded by vehicle's smoke and eating unhelathy food are harmful to our internal health and may lead to poor skin complexion and accelerate the aging process of the skin.
As an alternative source of high quality protein and green vegetables -- DXN Spirulina is a type of blue-green algae which is full of life-giving nutrients such as protein, beta carotene, chlorophyll, vitamin B complex, minerals, essential fatty acids and other important nutrients that our body needs.
NASA have done a lot of researches on spirulina and have proved to make spirulina as the best form of food for astronauts because of its ingredients.
Essential Nutrients and functions of spirulina:
DXN Spirulina is a type of blue-green algae which is full of life-giving nutrients such as protein, beta carotene, chlorophyll, vitamin B complex, minerals, essential fatty acids and other important nutrients that our body needs.
*Green Element (Chlorophlylls) - aids the elimination of toxin and gently cleans blood waste.
*Good Quality Protein- spirulina has an impressive 60%- 70% protein content.By comparison, spirulina produces twenty times more protein per acre versus soy beans.
*Essential Fatty Acids - rich in gamma-linolenic acid(GLA)- aids in the health of the joints and heart. It is also helpful for specific issues like weight loss and premenstrual syndorme (PMS).
*Vitamins - vitamins A, C, E and B-complex vitamins,including vitamins B12 and B6.
*Color pigments -chlorophyll. -phycocyanin - unique blue-green colour may help improve immune system and it has anti-cancer properties. -Beta carotene - spirulina's beta carotene is ten times more concentrated than carrots. It helps to support your body's antioxidant defenses and is good for healthy eyes and vision.
It is different from other algae because it is easily digested and absorbed by the body. It is also known as one of the best alkaline food, which helps to change weak acidic body condition to a healthy alkaline one.
Benefits of spirulina:
1. Stimulates immune system to destroy invading disease organisms and carcinogens.
2. Potentiates the immune system with its anti-tumor, anti-viral and interferon inducing effects.
3. Helps to sanitize the bowel by detoxifying the colon and promoting the growth of friendly bacteria.
4. Promotes tissue repair in wounds and burns and has anti-infectious properties.
5. Decreases cholesterol levels and helps to lower the risk of cardiovascular disease.
6. Works as an anti-inflammatory, helping to reduce the inflammation characteristic of arthritis.
7. Provides superior nutritional support as one of nature's whole foods for anyone who is weakened by disease, alcohol or drug abuse.
8. Helps to balance RNA/DNA (nucleic acids)
9. Curbs the appetite and helps to stimulate the metabolism.
10. Works like an antioxidant in detoxifying the body of pollutants.
11 Cleansing: Spirulina promotes the body's natural cleansing processes. You feel fitter, more cheerful, and you have more energy.
12. Restoring: Spirulina compensates for deficiencies in the diet and stimulates the metabolism. Your physical condition improves noticeably and you recover faster after exertion.
13. Fortifying: Spirulina boosts resistance and activates the body's natural defence mechanisms. You feel stronger and are better able to cope with the pressures of everyday life.
It gives more energy to every living creature and is said to be a cure to allergies, visual problems, carbohydrate disorders, anemia and many other disease conditions. Superfood' is an apt term since it has five times more calcium than milk, three times more protein than meat, fish or poultry, 50 times more iron than spinach and has no cholesterol. It also contains natural substances that act as a hunger suppressant.